The Westbrook Posse, Inc. was formed in 1999, and operated under the authority of the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office. At the time, It was the only posse, which operated within an incorporated city (Peoria) in Maricopa County, as of April, 2018, the Posse agreed to separate from the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office and operate as an independent organization.
The Posse is a non-profit organization, IRC 501(C)3, solely funded by the monetary donations from the residents of Westbrook Village.
As a community based posse, The Westbrook Posse activities include street patrol, vacation checks, approved event traffic control and other approved events within Westbrook Village.
The Posse owns three marked patrol vehicles. The Posse operates on a digital radio system in each vehicle and portable units for Posse members.
There is a regular duty schedule with three shifts available; morning, afternoon and evening*. Also, dispatchers have the same schedule to ensure the protection and safety of our posse members while on patrol.
Requirements for Membership:
- Complete Westbrook Village Posse application and approval
- Pass a background and reference check conducted by The Westbrook Posse, Inc.
- Volunteer a minimum of 4 duty hours per week
- May reside within or outside of Westbrook Village
- Attend monthly posse meetings the third Thursday of each month
- Required internal training as needed including CPR and traffic control
*Uniforms are provided at the Posse expense and an additional allowance may be provided based on the total numbers of hours worked.
Download an application to join us.